ADA 308 Electric vehicle application
Tool used in conceptual studies of electric vehicles
Are you interested in
The goal of this equipment is to get students to know electric vehicle technology and main parts currently used in electric vehicles as well as the behaviour depending on the route and type of driving.
This system is used to:
- Make conceptual studies in electric vehicles simulating the operation of a real vehicle on different journeys and contexts, defining the duration and speed by sections.
- Carry out tests by capturing data on the main parameters that affect an electric vehicle during its operation
- View the computer graphic representation of the battery values, performance, and variation of various vehicle elements.
- Analyse the high voltage current flows through a synoptic diagram.
- Analyse the force combination between electric motor / generators, measure and record the actual values (rpm, torque, HV battery current, vehicle speed etc.).
Four different models of electric vehicles can be selected with their real parameters: motorcycle, quadricycle, car and van based on the commercial models LEM, Renault Twizy, Nissan Leaf and Mercedes Vito respectively. Their parameters can be modified.
The application is interactive with the software through the different joystick components (accelerator, brake, automatic gear) and allows that different measurements can be made.
It integrates the commands of the vehicle::
- Start / Stop switch.
- Plug-in battery charging switch.
- Light indicators of the status of the vehicle and the parts that are working.
- Parking mode switch.
- Gear with position indicators.
- Test or measurement points.
- Accelerator with locking control.
- Activation/deactivation of air conditioning switch.
The two test points V1/V2 allow the measurement of the parameters selected from the software:
- Battery charge level.
- Speed in km/h.
- % Accelerator pedal.
- % Brake pedal.
- Engine RPM.
- Slope of the road.
- Battery voltage.
- Battery current.
Control and analysis software
It includes different functions:
- On-board computer
- Definition of driven conditions
- Equipment for the diagnosis of the different parameters
On the screen you can simulate the operation, supervise the possible measures to be taken, program the routes, visualize and read the operation parameters.