This system enables students to develop the following skills:
1. Analysis of the operating principle of air conditioning systems.
2. Analysis of air conditioning circuits.
3. Interpretation of diagrams.
4. Component control.
5. Malfunction diagnosis and repair.
6. Carrying out of coolant gas loading and unloading processes.
7. Control of air tightness. Leak detection.
8. Use of controls.
9. Use of technical documents.
The system consists of a group of elements that combine to form an air conditioning facility with a double low pressure circuit (A, B). Low pressure circuit A incorporates the fixed calibrated tube system while circuit B encompasses the expansion valve.
The trainer has a series of visual pressure gauges and thermometers that aid the analysis and comprehension of the behaviour of the coolant.
The system is also designed to carry out coolant loading, unloading and recycling operations. The circuit is loaded with coolant R-134a.